cancer, cellulitis, dehydrated, disabled mummy, exhausted, head and neck cancer, hemiglossectomy, hospital, hypothyroid, infection, late effects of head and neck cancers, mouth cancer, MRSA, PEG feeding., Radiotherapy, septecaemia, sickness, side effects of radiotherapy, surgery, suvivor, thyroiditis, tongue cancer, treatment, ulceration, Whats radiotherapy like
I’m at my wit’s end, I’m almost 12 months post radiotherapy and 14 most post surgery (half tongue removed and reconstructed with free flap forearm).
I keep having blips, here’s a few:
– Auto immune reaction in mouth causing extensive ulceration.
– Sickness returning on and off
– I STILL have my peg
– My oral food intake is extremely limited ie scrambled egg, beans, sweet potato, cauliflower, bread sauce, Weetabix, kings mill muffins, 1 brand of pizza. Ice cream.
– Cellulitis which turned into septicaemia.
– Thyroid problems and we are struggling to get my levels right
– Thyroiditis aka Hashimoto’s
Currently my mouth is extremely sore, my cheeks are bleeding after every time i brush my teeth as is my “new tongue”. Almost every time I try to eat I get a burning sensation which is so severe I can’t even cry. My jaw is so so sore at the joints and has even partially dislocated a few times in the past few weeks.
I have only eaten Weetabix and a few bowls of ice cream all week.
I’m feeling desperate and like I’ve gone backwards so so much. Arggggghhh.
Falsey smiles atm.
I hope that by writing this blog I can help others in similar situations take comfort in the fact that they are not alone. Please help me reach more people with my blog by sharing my posts on Twitter and Facebook. If you would like to follow my story, please sign up to the mailing list so that you can be notified as my blog is updated. Should you wish to get in touch please feel free to use the ‘Contact Me’ page to fill in your details and I will respond to you as soon I am able. Thank you, Stephanie x